Friday, August 27, 2010

First day of school

We've had a GREAT first week of school. Although we had to make a believer out of Jack yesterday, I believe he gets the point now and will cooperate in the morning. When Mommy and Daddy say, "First things First" in the morning, we really do mean it. And when you follow the policy, BIG rewards happen! I get tired of nagging and pushing and prodding in the morning, so this year, if you can get your stuff done (fully dressed, brush teeth and hair, get medicine, have your bag packed) there will be a reward in the afternoon. It might be TV, video games, their music in the van...whatever it is they want it and I'm hoping it will help encourage good behavior.

Jack's made lots of friends in school already. One little boys name is Kane. Kane is going to be the bane of my existence for several days I can tell. He's informed Jack that there will be a hurricane coming to Houston in November. To Jack, November is like this afternoon or tomorrow so he's not necessarily "worried" (to the point of crying) but he sure is perseverating about it. Since I picked him up from school yesterday, almost every "Hey Mom, did you know..." is some "fact" about hurricane's that Kane taught him. Holy Smokes! He DOES know our plan (to go to RoRo and PawPaw or Uncle Matt and Aunt AJ's house) and he LOOOVES the idea of that, but just can't quite let the hurricane talk rest just, yet. I'm just thankful that he was able to sleep through the night without having bad dreams and coming to my room for loves. Moving on before I start to perseverate! :)

Here are some pics from our first day.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


Seeing all the things they are going to be learn really excites me! It's going to be a great school year! I just know it!!

1 comment:

Debby said...

Oh, how I miss the excitement of those days. Thanks for the pictures that bring it all back, just for a few moments, anyway.