Sunday, November 18, 2007

A trip to the farm

Thursday I had the pleasure of joining Samantha's pre-school class at the Dewberry Farm out west of Houston. It was a cool, sunny, breezy day and we had a really great time. Here are the pics from our day.


hay bale climbing (this was weird to me...it was just hay arrange around a pole and it was sooo fun? Samantha decided it wasn't sooo fun after she got a foot to the cheek. I had to ask one of the other moms, "How do you know if you've broken your face?" Luckily, none of her answer transpired for Samantha.)


a train pulled by a tractor


a hay ride to the pumpkin patch, where you could pick (up, not actually pick it off the plant) a tee-tiny pumpkin to take home


two different play ground areas (one was called Fort DooHickey...only in Texas)


the "other" playground



a tee-tiny barn with chickens, turkeys, rabbits and goats you could feed


a funny slide that was made of capped PVC pipes...quite bumpy on the booty, fun for the kids, NO fun for the mommies as another mom could atest
It was such a fun day that I considered taking Jack, and my good friend and her kids back on Monday but at $10/person, I decided that might be a bit much. So we are praying for good zoo weather tomorrow. :)

3 comments:

~aj~ said...

I'm glad you guys had a good time. Although I don't know if someone could have paid me to try that PVC pipe slide. Don't know if my bladder could take it. :)

hard.rox said...

Samantha looks HUGE in the red suspension bridge picture!!! Great shots!

MamaRose said...

I'm "LATE" on reading this one, too--sorry--SO CUTE, Miss Samantha doing all those things & she's gotten SO TALL--WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
Love, RoRo