Monday, November 24, 2008

Back from the doctor

Well, he definitely has some noise going on (a squeak and a grind, I think). The doctor thinks he's fine as he sees this "probably once a month, weeeellll, I haven't seen it in a couple of months; so maybe more like couple times a year." After that commentary, I was encouraged that he offered to set up an Echocardiagram for Jack to see what's going on. Neither option (a hole in his heart, or Mitral Valve Prolapse) seems life threatening...obviously since we've gone several months since the initial diagnosis.

So, now I'm just talking myself out of being really worried. He'll be fine, as he's already fine. It's just worrisome.

The ECHO is set for December 8th at 9:40 a.m. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts this morning! They were comforting.

3 comments:

hard.rox said...

A "grind"?!? Can't say I've ever heard of that as a description of a heart beat before. Glad to hear it's nothing major though. As Roland mentioned, maybe it's something that will disappear as Jack get older.

~aj~ said...

Matt and I were just talking about Jack's heart the other day and were wondering what ever came out of that "heart murmur" diagnosis.

I know it has to be so scary to think of *anything* being wrong with one of your children. I'm sure Jack will be just fine, but we will be praying for him!

HUGS and KISSES to our favorite nephew!

RedWifey said...

Greg, I'll be honest; to the best of my recollection that's the word he used, but I could totally have remembered incorrectly. It certainly wasn't the same set of words that Dr. Lange used in October.