Sunday, November 30, 2008
Monday, November 24, 2008
So, now I'm just talking myself out of being really worried. He'll be fine, as he's already fine. It's just worrisome.
The ECHO is set for December 8th at 9:40 a.m. Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts this morning! They were comforting.
I'll update this afternoon with our (hopefully good) news.
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
It's easy, so if you wanna show us your random photo feel free (as I don't tag others...read the next post for why).
1. Go to your pictures
2. Upload the 4th picture of the 4th folder
3. Post it
4. Tag 4 friends
Here's goes nothing:
That's my baby playing in the hay maze at the Oil Ranch Farm. Such a fun day, even though he stood in an ant pile whilst throwing a typical three year old fit. Thankfully I had very helpful fathers that helped me stripe him down and get all those nasty boogers off.
Thanks, AJ, for the great idea!
p.s. Michael, I'm tagging you. Fourth photo from your funny photo file.
Sunday, November 16, 2008
- When I’m in a time crunch and my hair is greasy, I sprinkle powder at my roots to soak up the oil. I learned this trick in a mom’s magazine and LOVE it.
- I’m taking a parenting class on Tuesday mornings at the 2nd Baptist church. The title is something about joyful parenting and I sooo love this class. The focus of the class is on influencing our children instead of controlling them. The point that has stuck with me the most is about not micro-managing my children’s mood, because God doesn’t do that to us. Just look at the psalms for proof that God listens (empathizes) no matter what we feel. If my home isn’t the safe place where Jack and Samantha can’t vent or process their emotions now, where can they do that when they are teenagers?
- My hobbies include weight lifting, gardening and reading. None of which I’m really finding time for right now.
- One of my self-improvement foci right now is on being prompt to my meetings and time commitments. I have a tendency to just do “one more thing” and make myself late, which annoys me.
- I cried at every letter in P.S. I love you. I loved that sweet, sweet movie, except I thought it was kinda creepy at the end that she was going to start a relationship with her husband’s almost twin.
- Drinking too many water bottles with the “Crystal Lite on the go” flavor packs gives me MAJOR tummy trouble.
- I’m terrible at Wii Mario Kart.
I have to tell you, I'm going to break rule number 3. I'm my loser self and don't really know 7 people on the internet with blogs (other than Michael's friends) so...if you read mine and wanna play, feel free to go for it and post a comment so I can read yours!!
Have a super great week!!