Saturday, April 11, 2009

Pepperoni rolls

Michael clued me into one of his Internet friends, Debby, a long-while back. A short-while back, Debby posted about making pepperoni rolls (she even gave a pictorial tutorial here), a comfort food in their family. Loving my husband like I do and loving our Bible class like I do, I took it upon myself to bake pepperoni rolls for breakfast tomorrow. Here are the before pics (I'm hoping that they're rising like Debby says they will):





I have no idea if I did them right. But it's bread dough wrapped around pepperoni and mozzarella, so really, how bad could they be, right!?

Happy Easter, everyone. We are blessed EVERY day with a God that's good. May you feel it with all the fullness of His being tomorrow.

5 comments:

Roland Denzel said...

So how are you working the Easter message into your Bible class via pepperoni rolls? I figure if you can do that, the hidden message in peeps will be more clear! ;)

RedWifey said...

Maybe it's that Jesus came rollin' outta the tomb like the grease from the pepperonis came rollin' outta the dough???

MamaRose said...

I LOVE IT ALL & WOULD LOVE to BE THERE & ENJOY EATING THOSE PEPPERONI ROLLS WITH YOU ALL!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO, JAMIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope ya'll have a HAPPY EASTER, TOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MUCH LOVE!!!!!!
RoRo

Debby said...

Redwifey! I did not know that you had a blog! I haven't had time to read a lot of the posts, but I want to say that I think it's lovely that you have a blog detailing these special days with your children. It will be a lovely memory for all of you, those days, the emotions all kept forever.

So did the pepperoni rolls rise? They looked wonderful. Listen, you can also stuff them with ham and cheddar.

RedWifey said...

Hey Debby! I'm not nearly as prolific as Michael (or at least as prolific as he USED to be) but I try to capture things now and then.

The rolls did rise. They certainly weren't puffy, but they rose some. I think I needed more cheese, but mine wasn't finely shredded like yours was so it was hard to gauge how much I had. Now I know, I'll add more cheese next time.

They were at least good enough to have gotten all eaten. All except the one lonely one left on the plate, so I sacrificed myself (because that's the good person that I am) and ate it myself. :)

Thanks for dropping by, Debby!!