Saturday, March 28, 2009

Another milestone

Yesterday, Jack and I had an event...one that brought me GREAT joy and a view of what is to come. It was monumental, if only in my mind.

I needed to put something in the mail, and with all the rain we've had, I didn't want it to sit in our mailbox, so I decided that we would walk to the post office. All together, round trip would be about .75 miles. I told Jack that he could ride in the stroller and we'd take the dogs with us, too. He considered my suggestion and then informed me that he would ride his Lightening McQueen bike (a 16: bike with training wheels). I was skeptical, but told him that he would have to ride it there AND back because I had the dogs and wouldn't be able to help with his bike. He assured me that he could do it and off we went. I want to proudly proclaim: HE DID IT!! And without one complaint!! I was sooo proud of him.

So, here's was my vision: Jack on his bike; dogs on their leashes; Baby So-and-So in the sling/pouch; all of us walking in late summer/early fall. Now that is was a beautiful site to my wondering-how-I'm-gonna-manage eyes!!

2 comments:

Roland Denzel said...

Yay for Jack! (and for you!) :)

MamaRose said...

YOU CAN DO IT--SEE!!!!! ALREADY & then, later this Fall, it'll be a CINCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BY then, Jack MAY be SO GOOD at riding his bicyle, that HE can put the dogs' leashes on his handlebars & you can EASILY stroll your NEW BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, I see where you're reading The DOG WHISPERER'S BOOK--your dogs might NOT even NEED leashes by then--ha--even though, I guess, by law, they MAY need them!!!!!!!!

I 'worked in' ONE 'SHHHHHT'--or CLOSE to what it is that Cesar says when he wants them to stay or stop something TO ANDY tonight when he was BARKING for NO REASON--I thought--and, Larry says he gave me an 'UGLY/mean' LOOK--BUT, HE QUIT--IMMEDIATELY--YEA, ME & THANKS CESAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
HE' AMAZING & ONE, GREAT TEACHER & "ALPHA" DOG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now, if ONLY I could be one!!!!!!--just to our 2!!!!!

THANKS for your new post--I LOVE reading them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! RoRo