Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Another update

Update:

We have the MOST wonderful practice of pediatricians in the world. I just received (within 10 minutes of each other) calls from both our regular pediatrician (who we didn't get to see on Monday and who has today OFF) and the pediatrician that we did see. They both had questions that I couldn't answer, so I will call back on one of them and our regular doctor (Dr. L) will have a conversation with Dr. G about his questions.

I feel VERY blessed to be in Houston where there is so much technology available to us and where we have so many truly caring doctors.

------------------------

We had Jack's hip aspirated this morning and it turns out that there was hardly enough fluid to actually aspirate. But what fluid he did get, he's 99.99% sure is NOT infected. They're doing a culture just to be safe.

So, the next step is a perthes test in a "couple of months"...the thing the orthopedist doesn't know is that we've met our deductible this year! We'll be back sooner rather than later!! :)

The waking up was the hardest part. He wanted that IV OUT NOW!! Eventually we were able to get through to him and he drank his sprite and peed and then they took that darn IV out and we were out the door in less than 5 minutes. It was none too soon for Mommy and Daddy.

I have to say that I couldn't have done it without my Michael. He's been my strength and my equal partner in all of this. I'm soooo thankful for you, Michael and wouldn't want to go through this parenting roller coaster with anyone else! *smooch*

3 comments:

Debby said...

I agree. Roller coaster rides would be perfectly awful if you didn't have someone at your side with his eyes bugging out of his head. If he screams louder than you as the thing rattles and thunders through the descents, well, doesn't that always make you feel a little better about things? (Does me, anyhow).

Glad Jack is back home.

Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping us posted. Praying for a good report. Love to all.Grammy

MamaRose said...

I DO believe it's a 'GOD-thing'/REASON WHY ya'll are LIVING IN HOUSTON, right now, is so that you have/will/DO HAVE the BEST CHILDREN'S DOCTORS IN THE WORLD, RIGHT THERE--to help you out, whenever any of yours NEED them!!!!
PRAISE OUR GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOVE YOU ALL BUNCHES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mom