Friday, October 26, 2007

It's my potty...

and we certainly gave it our best shot, but I am thinking he isn't physically ready. His pee pee just trickles out constantly. I probably have at least 12 pairs of his new, cool underwear being washed right now...and that's just from this morning. I wash and dried 4 pairs last night.

We did have some success at getting it in the potty but we definitely had MORE accidents than we had success. We'll see how much stamina I have after nap to see if we continue this craziness.

He was pretty proud after he pottied in the right spot and his reward for getting it in there was a sucker. So, at one point today he had a sucker in his mouth, a jacket with hood in place, underwear (only, no pants), and his green crocs. It was pretty cute!

Days like today are the exact reason I don't keep chocolate around!

I'm off to chill out and relax while the kids are down.

2 comments:

~aj~ said...

I agree that you might want to give it a while longer. At least he hit the target once...go Jack!

Adam is still doing well with his pee-pees, but still refuses to wear underwear. Wonder if any kids go to kindergarten in their "ELMO BIAPER!!!!"?

MamaRose said...

For some reason, 'they' say that boys just TAKE LONGER to potty train, most of the time. Personally, since they have something hanging 'out', it would make sense to me for it to be EASIER for them, oh well......

Obviously, it's MENTAL, too & 'they' say just don't rush them--they'll 'train themselves' WHEN THEY'RE READY--Yippee, huh??!!!!!!!

But, at least he KNOWS all about it--WHERE to go & HOW it's like, etc., for WHEN he's ready!!!!!

And, Yes, AJ, I bet there's been some BOYS who DO go to Kindergarten IN diapers--maybe don't stay that way long--from PEER PRESSURE, though, I bet!!!!!!
Can't think the Teachers there would like that, at all!!!!!!!!! Although, diapers are MUCH easier to CHANGE than it is to clean up an accident--esp. depending on WHERE it is!!!!!!!!!

At least ONCE you get them 'trained', they STAY trained--YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!! Except for NONE of them get it ALL in the pot FOREVER--they start 'straying' as they get older--YEAH they do!!!!!! Love Ya'll!!! Mom