Monday, December 18, 2006

Nuts or no nuts..that is the question!

Well, we are finally going to one nap a day for Jack. He doesn't seem to be taking it very well, but I really feel like he should be able to do it. The reason we've kept at it this long is that he sleeps so much better at night, when he gets two naps during the day. Crazy I know, but they say sleep breeds sleep. Wish us luck!

On to the nuts
Funny, yet sad, at the same time: Samantha had a freak out on Satuday at church (crafts and b-fast with Santa) because she imagined that she had eaten nuts. She was decorating a cookie with icing and after tasting the icing she began to spit, claw her tongue off, and generally act like a nut because she thought it had nuts. Michael was the only parental figure there (I was shopping) and I don't know how he settled her down but eventually they recovered. When I got home with her, we had a big laugh and I asked, "What made you think it had nuts?" "I coughed" she said. We all laughed again. I tried and tried to tell her that Mommy and Daddy will never give her nuts, but I think she'll have to figure that out herself. At least she was able to laugh...laughter is the best medicine. And if you can't laugh at yourself, life is going to be very stressful.

I've gotta make a list of what gifts I have so that I make sure that everyone is sufficiently covered.

Later!

No comments: