Monday, August 20, 2007

Conversations

We've been using the "naughty place" (thank you Super Nanny) with Jack for several months now, but lately we've not been getting the correct answer for "Why did you go to the naughty place?" His de facto answer is, "Because I scream at Mommy/Daddy."

Tonight the offense was drinking the bath water. He'd been told MULTIPLE times to stop doing it and he kept after it. So, Daddy pulled him out of the tub and Mommy rinsed his head in the shower (not his favorite). After rinsing, we (mainly I) was trying to discuss with Jack why he'd been pulled out of the tub. He gave his standard answer (because I scream) and I informed him that it was not that, but that he kept drinking tub water. He looked at me dead in the eye and said, "Dat's not fa-ir." How I kept it together after that I don't know, but we finished the talk with no laughing outbursts and he got a drink of water out of the CLEAN cup from the sink.

The other conversation that we've been having lately is about monsters under the bed...thank you Chick-fil-a. Chick-fil-a handed out the "Junie B. Jones and the Monster Under Her Bed" audio book. It has become a favorite of Samantha's and although he isn't scared while he's listening to the story it MUST be having an impact on Jack because he mentions it two or three times during the day.

Bless his little pea-pickin' heart!

Our MOST exciting thing coming up is this Sunday we are taking the kids to see The Wiggles concert...and they have NO idea! We're keeping it a secret until after their nap on Sunday (otherwise they'll be unbearable to live with this week). We really have become quite the Wiggles fans lately. This summer we have purchased 3 music cds and 1 (soon to be two) DVD. I am thinking I'll be figuring out a dog bone for Wags and roses for Dorothy undercover this week. Should be fun!

Gotta run! Later taters!!

4 comments:

~aj~ said...

Jack is a funny boy.

I'm so jealous about the Wiggles. Yes, "I" am jealous. I really love the Wiggles...sometimes even more than Adam. So wish we were going with you!

Bob Devlin said...

Oh no, not the Wiggles!!! I'm SO glad my kids were older when these guys showed up on the scene.

Have fun.

RedWifey said...

Bob, The Wiggles ROCK!!! You missed out on a great era! Poor Greg is now sick and so "Sam" is now the yellow Wiggle. Kinda sad! :(

MamaRose said...

I'm sure you ALL had a SUPER time at the WIGGLES CONCERT!!!!! HOW NEAT!!!!! They're GOOD!!!
LOVE, Mom