Sunday, August 12, 2007

Cool calendar sayings

Michael buys me a daily calendar for my kitchen every year at Christmas. This year's calendar was about being a mom. I have trouble keeping up with it everyday, so once or twice a month Michael will tear off a bunch, leaving the good ones for me to read. The last "catch-up day" I had the honors of selecting the ones I liked the most and I thought I would share them with you.

***********************************
There's no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one. Jill Churchill
******

Phyllis Diller claims her husband Fang called the hospital to report she was in labor. The nurse asked him, "Is this her first child?" "NO," Fang answered. "This is her husband."
******

One evening, Carly's husband Sean received a phone call requesting he attend an important business meeting the following morning in New York. It meant e would miss their daughters Tali's soccer game. He quickly packed, kissed Carly and their sleeping seven-year-old goodbye, and drive to the airport. The next evening, Sean, who was the volunteer assistant coach, called to find out how Tali and her team did. With Carly and Tali on the phone, they told him the team had won. Sean said, "I'm sorry I couldn't be there." Tali replied, "That's okay, Daddy. I told the team that you left us in the middle of the night."
******

There is a power that comes to women when they give birth. They don't ask for it, it simply invades them. Accumulates like clouds on the horizon and passes through, carrying the child with it. Sheryl Feldman
******

When asked what love is, six-year-old Clare said, "It's when Mommy gives Daddy the biggest piece of chicken, and he gives her the biggest piece of chocolate cake."
**********************************

Hope these give you a chuckle and/or a bit of inspiration for the week ahead!

1 comment:

MamaRose said...

I TOTALLY BELIEVE in the POWER that comes upon us WOMEN as/when we GIVE BIRTH!!!!! THAT'S WHY we 'join' THE CLUB of Mothers, afterward--we ALL know we've come through 'SOMETHING BIG' & been a VESSEL for another of GOD'S MIRACLES!!!!! HOW VERY SPECIAL!!!!
LOVE YA'LL!!!!! Mom